This webinar will provide parents and coaches with information regarding the coaching and training principles that they should be aware of to ensure that their children return to sport safely following a period of inactivity, more specifically post-COVID-19.
Date: Thursday 5th August 2021
Time: 19h00 – 20h00
Target audience: All parents of physically active kids, coaches, medical personnel and athletes.
Locker: Parents Locker, Player Locker
What you will learn:
1. Managing emotions and building resilience: Resetting expectations with your child and how to assist them to overcome a setback
2. The risk of injury: A period of inactivity results in a number of physiological changes that can increase the risk of injury. Forewarned is fore-armed
3. Return to sport following a positive Covid-19 test and the implications of long Covid symptoms and exercise will be discussed.
4. Return to training safely: Introduce the principles and provide a framework to use and apply in the return post COVID or lengthy inactivity.
Zoom (link will be sent once you have registered for the course)
A recording of the webinar will be available to coaches who register for the webinar
- Guest Speaker: Dr Mohammed Moosajee, Sports Physician
- Dr Mary Ann Dove
- Dr Janine Gray
- Mr Andrew Gray